Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ILGP Convention

The ILGP has two state-wide meetings per year. The second meeting in an election year is called "The State Convention". It was held at the Loyola Lake Shore Campus on July 30, 31 and August 1 - the former Mundelein College Campus. A wonderful venue right on Lake Michigan. Workshops were held and candidates took 5-10 minutes to speak about an issue that is important to them. I spoke about sustainability - economic and environmental sustainability. Basically, that the economic and environmental costs of the new subdivisions in the Lake-In-The-Hills/Huntley area are unsustainable. You can view my speech and other ILGP candidates at http://www.livestream.com/ilgp The convention was a great place to compare campaign strategies and issues with other candidates.

I am now starting to canvas - go door-to-door. I will start in the Woodstock area near my house and then go further out in District #5. Hope to see you before the election on November 2.